Saturday, October 12, 2013

THE K-BLADDER-PROBLEM

A message from Dave Brown:
Hey Brummbaer,

Have you ever heard about the relationship between heavy ketamine use and bladder problems? I never heard of this until tonight.
See:
http://www.ketaminebladdersyndrome.com/KBS/Welcome.html
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210139
Dear Dave,
   I'm very familiar with the K-bladder problem. In the late eighties of the last century I took more ketamine than is permitted by the limitations of the body. I had a permanent cystitis, which hurt so bad that I needed to have a hot bath ready to jump in, after I relieved myself. At times shredded, bloodied pieces of tissue would come out with the urine. Since I took a lot of other drugs and had a lot of sex with different lovers, there were many suspects lined up to blame the cystitis on. The reason why it took so long to understand that it was the ketamine is explained by the observation that symptoms only appeared when a certain accumulation of ketamine in the body is reached. I could take ketamine for days, everything was fine, no bladder problems. – But a few more shots, two days later, would give me the worst cystitis within hours. It seemed to me that once I went past a threshold of saturation, the body cannot put it away anymore. The delayed reaction made it difficult to connect the ketamine use with your bladder. Once I became aware of this problem I had an early warning system installed, that told me at the slightest hint of cystitis to stop the ketamine immediately. So my advice is: Less ketamine, more walks on the beach, and to pay absolute attention to what your body tells you.
   ( At the time we used to take 100mg intramuscular, with a lot of attention on sterility and clean syringes, except of course John Lilly, who could do anything because he was Irish.)
   I never had any K-bladder problems after I understood the rules.
   The problem with the delayed peeing has probably a different explanation. The first time I had this problem, I was very high on acid and could not pee, because I could not find the muscle that needed to relax within the million signals I received from the general area. Later I realized, that in fact, we have a few muscles in our body called sphincters. They are always contracted and unlike the rest of the musculature who is designed to contract, the sphincter needs the opposite signal. That can be difficult when you are trying to do this consciously. I learned a lot of amusing techniques to get myself to pee – like making a fist and then redirecting this signal to to my bladder – or like when you are trying to trigger a delayed sneeze, by looking into a bright light – It works for peeing too.
   True story: Once I found myself high as a kite in a bathroom with a need to pee, but no idea which button to push. There was a bag of cat-litter in the bathroom and I focused my eyes on the little R with a circle, the symbol for “registered to...” It worked. Then I realized that the little R, was the corporate pee mark, which I was utilizing to pee, and in a fractal world this can be understood as an iteration of similar events on different levels. HaHa!


No comments:

Post a Comment